LOTV ZvP — Dealing with disruptor drops
I played about 9 hours of LotV today, and I want to give you guys some advanced warning: disruptor drops are a major problem.
The combination of warp prism and disruptor is actually really sick. Not only can 2 disruptors instantly kill 16+ drones, but they can kill countless roach/ravager in one fell swoop, then escape into the warp prism to be used again. It can be absolutely devastating, and if you aren’t extremely careful a single disruptor can kill 7-8 Ravagers. From what I have seen, there is no damage cap, which makes them extremely powerful for economic harassment and large engagements.
I’m hoping to spur some discussion on ways to better deal with these types of Toss tactics. I’m thinking that…
1) Pushing more slowly (with preemptive splitting) is necessary when you’re engaging with roach/ravager.
2) Spire for mutalisks may be the only way to reliably shut down disruptor drops by killing the warp prism.
3) Static defense will not be particularly helpful.
4) Zergs everywhere will need to split their mineral lines/armies on a dime’s notice, or risk facial palm prints.
5) Overlord drop upgrade may be used to save units from disruptor.
6) Overlord vision is essential for seeing warp prisms early, splitting workers, and mitigating damage.
Below are a few highlights of games where disruptors did absolutely insane damage (partly because of my own mismicro and partly because they’re extremely powerful in conjunction with warp prisms).
Vs WhiteRa: http://www.twitch.tv/tangsc/c/6510073 (6min disruptor drop)
Vs Bones1 http://www.twitch.tv/tangsc/c/6510079
Vs Bones2: http://www.twitch.tv/tangsc/c/6510079
Vs Solace: http://www.twitch.tv/tangsc/c/6509912
Fun facts: Disruptors can kill burrowed units, and cannot be fungal’d or neural’d while their doom spell is active.
GL HF and SPLIT FOR YOUR LIFE,